Patchouli essential oil is extracted from the dried leaves, fermented from the small bush of patchouli. It emits a strong smell: woody, spicy-sweet and balsamic. Patchouli oil is used as a fixative in the perfume industry. Patchouli was one of the favourites perfumes used in India.
It is an aphrodisiac and sedative. It has antidepressant and astringent properties. Since ancient times it has been used for wound healing and formation of new tissues (anti-aging). It is also used to counteract the problems of fungi and dander.
Uses of patchouli essential oil:
· Small amounts will have a stimulating effect, larger doses soothing.
· Only for external use
· Patchouli essential oil is very concentrated, don´t use without dissolution.
· Keep out of the reach of children.
· Avoid the contact with sensitive areas of the skin or eyes.
· Store away from heat and direct sunlight.