It is obtained from the distillation of the leaves and stems of lavender. Lavender essential oil is probably the most used oil. Lavender has a lot of properties, it is a tranquilizer for the nervous system, and it calms, relaxes and is a very effective sedative.
Since ancient times lavender has been used as an analgesic, and an effective antibiotic. Lavender has antispasmodic effects, antiseptics, healing, diuretic, insect repellent, anti-migraine, emmenagogue, hypotensive, parasitic, sudorific, expectorant and antirheumatic.
Uses of lavender essential oil:
· Evaporators, incense.
· Applications as cold compress or put a few drops in boiling water and inhale for headaches.
· A hot towel wrapped in lavender oil calms the nervous exhaustion.
· A lavender bath combats insomnia.
· Only for external use
· It is very concentrated, don´t use without dissolution.
· Keep out of the reach of children.
· Avoid the contact with sensitive areas of the skin or eyes.
· Keep away from heat and sunlight.