Effect on the immune system:
- Isolates, curbs and reduces excessive production and secretion of histamine, thus improving bronchial asthma and allergy-type chronic bronchitis.
- According to Dr. Andrew Weil from Harvard University, the Reishi fungus contains lanostin compounds with a stimulating effect on persons who suffer from asthma and other kinds of allergies.
- Improves the suprarenal gland functions, while regulating the secretion of its hormones.
- Prevents allergies.
- In case of auto-immune diseases, regulates the response of the immunological system.
- Reduces certain symptoms of auto immunity disorders (for instance: rheumatoid arthritis), such as pain, due to its content of endorphins (a Reishi element)or inflammation, due to the ganoderic acid D and lanostin (components of Reishi)
- Hypotensor: may decrease diastolic and systolic high blood pressure by 10 to 20%.
- Tonic for the heart: increases the blood stream to the heart, lowers the consumption of oxygen in the heart muscle, and it is very useful in the treatment of pectoral angina.
- Hypocholesteremic: due to the presence of low density lipoproteins de (oleic acid) the concentration of cholesterol decreases by 50% with patients that use the fungus for more than four months. Clinical studies do not show a significant decline in the numbers of triglycerides and glycemia.
- Anti-arteriosclerotic: decreases the formation of ateromatose plaque which restricts the blood stream through the narrowing of the arteries causing arteriosclerosis.
- Alleviates the symptoms of tiredness.
- Diminishes stress and chronic fatigue.
- Alleviates neuropsychiatric disorders, such as: insomnia, anorexia nerviosa and Alzheimer.
- Purifies the blood and regulates the immunology system.
- Regulates and balances the different body functions without causing any harm (adaptogenous).
- Reishi mainly works through the bloodstream, through which it cleans and eliminates excessive impurities while improving blood circulation and our immune response.
- Activates the body’s own defenses.
- Restores and regularizes the normal functioning of damaged liver cells (Liver Regenerator).
- Reduces liver inflammation, thanks to the regenerating power of polysaccharides, while alleviating hepatitis.
- Accelerates the decomposition of alcohol.
- Curbs oxydation produced by toxic substances.
- Prevents cyrrhosis.
Positive Effect on Diabetes:
- Its effect is similar to insulin; it inhibits the synthesis of glucose and facilitates its entry in the blood cells.
- Reduces the glucose levels in the blood stream.
- Alleviates diabetes symptoms.
- Improves the auto-immune response in case of Mellitos-type Diabetes
- Prevents diabetes and diabetes-related complications.
Effect on the prostate:
- Research by professor Fujita R.and her team at the Faculty of Agriculture, at the University of Kyushu, Japan has shown that Reishi extracts show the largest inhibiting effect on 5-alfa-reductase. A Reishi cure may curb the growth of the prostate due to hormones significantly. Therefore, Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) can be useful for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Regulates the blood pressure (adaptogenic), probably due to the tripeatens identified in the Reishi fungus, which reduce high blood pressure.