The eucalyptus is a tree native of Australia which today is present throughout the world with over 600 species. The essential oil is obtained by the distillation of the young twigs and the leaves. It has pale yellow colour and pungent and very refreshing smell.
It is a powerful antiseptic and helps respiratory infections, tuberculosis and asthma. It is an antispasmodic, cicatrizing, deodorant, expectorant, stimulant, diuretic and cleanser.
Uses of eucalyptus essential oil:
· In massages, rubbed into the skin,
· As essence, burning it, it is good to reliever of nasal congestions. Improve breathing, fights infection, and strengthens the immune system and combat migraines. It also acts as an insect repellent.
· In the skin care increases blood circulation and are very good to decrease the spots and pimples.
· In baths and infusions for cystitis.
· In compresses for herpes, rubbed with sponge to reduce fever.
· Only for external use
· Eucalyptus essential oil is very concentrated, don´t use without dissolution.
· Keep out of the reach of children.
· Avoid the contact with sensitive areas of the skin or eyes.
· Store away from heat and direct sunlight.